Friday, November 25, 2005

And then there's bea...

Monday night I was fortunate enough to see a one-night only return engagement of Bea Arthur's one woman show. This particular show and I have a long history of just missing each other (on Broadway, in Atlantic City, etc), so I was so grateful that I finally got to see it. Who knows, it may be the last time she ever does it. I got the tickets for my birthday from my best friend and favorite sea hag. And, damn, was it a good show. Of course, it helped that it was such a receptive audience. When she entered it was like that convention seen from The Witches, only instead of the Grand High Witch there was Bea and instead of the little witches there was a bunch of gay men. I don't think it's too big of a stretch to make that analogy work.
Bea was surprisingly sprite and limber for what I expected and she didn't look too bad either (although I think she's progressively losing her voice). From the balcony, she sort of looked like:
+ by way of
It was intense. But amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home